About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

When you're ill and need a pick me up . . .

I've been feeling under the weather this week and it's culminated in a very nasty end-of-season cold today, and just when I was thinking I'd beaten the winter chills for the first time ever.

So it's Saturday night. I braved the great outdoors and took the children to the Family Movie Night down at the church and then battled to get three tired bugs into bed late.

The rugby is on: it's the grudge match between New Zealand and France that's been four years in the making. While this is a huge event in NZ life, the All Blacks are winning well and I'm off to bed. But I had to share this delicious treat that I've made for myself to try and feel a bit better.

This Chocolate Chip Cake in a mug is delicious, but it's VERY filling and very sweet. I'd also recommend mixing the ingredients in a bowl and then pouring the batter into mugs because I think one serving of this could easily feed two.

So the belly is full of deliciousness, the paracetamol is wearing off and my eyelids are so heavy I'm having trouble even typing this. Pray that my children do at least one of two things . . . stay asleep until 8am, or call a ceasefire on sibling arguments until at least 8am tomorrow morning.

I am battling my way through Grandpa's body parts for Rogan (a knitted scarecrow doll, not a real grandpa) and I have a secret project hiding away in my drawer in the sewing room that I really want to make a start on as soon as Grandpa is done and I'm feeling more human. More on that next week. Until then, enjoy your weekend and for those of us in NZ, Daylight Saving starts in the morning so don't forget to put your clocks forward!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon...and did they sleep until 8:00?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of the clocks going forward, they did sleep to 8am and let me laze in bed until nine so it was quite a blissful start to the morning. Thank you for your wishes.

    ReplyDelete