About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baking Day

School camp is coming up on Monday and I am required to send Kayley along with some baking. No, not all of this is for camp, but while the oven was on I decided to make up for not having done baking in over two weeks.

My poor children have been living off store bought biscuits for the past two weeks and I've felt very bad about it. Today I've more than made up for it.

These are some mini vanilla cupcakes for Kayley to take away on camp. There are enough for one each for the children but the adults may miss out.

However, I'm working on the premise that all 33 children will be taking baking so there's going to be more than enough goodies for everyone. I love icing mini cupcakes because it's one quick squirt with the icing bag, a dip into some sprinkles and presto, you're done.

We're off to Nanny and Granddad's for a roast beef and yorkshire pudding dinner tonight so I thought I'd take these chocolate cupcakes along for afternoon tea. The last time I made these it was a disaster. I think my baking powder was a bit on the old side as they puffed up ENORMOUS and then fell flat. They're perfect this time.

And then for something completely new. These are instant pudding choc chip cookies. Andrea brought these over for our shared Crafty Monday a couple of weeks back. So she's kindly shared her recipe with us. My children have declared this their all time favourite so let's hope they go down well in your house.

Ingredients
150g softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 packets Greggs Instant Pudding mix
2 teaspoons baking powder
mini M&Ms or choc chips

Method
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs beating well after each one. Add dry ingredients  and combine well. Add Chocolate (as much as you like).
Roll into balls and place on baking tray, flatten slightly. (You may wish to put the mix into the refrigerator as the mix may be sticky).
Bake at 175 degrees C for 12-15 mins.

I baked mine for 12 minutes because we love the slightly gooey centre. Also, I made my balls way too big and they almost all merged into one large biscuit. We got about 40 of these out of the mix so there's plenty to go around!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment