About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Children's Crafty Day

This morning was our kid's craft day organised by Corleah. And much fun was had by all. The children had great fun decopaging these cardboard flower pots and then raced around the garden (on a rare fine day) while they dried.

While they dried we sat around the table (in a rare moment of peace) and chatted and made some paper flowers to go in the pots once they had dried.

And here's the final product. These will look gorgeous on Katies windowsill.

And I got the Green Machine back today. I needed to apologise profusely for ever wishing her gone because it was bliss to sit at her again this afternoon and finish off another of my new mother gifts. It's lovely and smooth and quick as lightning (well, not quite lightning) and smells of oil and all those glorious things.

And here's the second of my Christmas Decoration swap items. I quite like this little fellow. I especially loved making his broom. I can't believe how frightening twisted cords have been for so long and yet, once you have a little faith in yourself, they're super easy and very effective. Just a little patience required.

Now the children are watching Mary Poppins and I haven't the heart to send them off to bed, even though I'll regret it tomorrow if I don't. Now all I have to figure out is which thing to make this evening. I have done nothing on the top-secret-project in over a week because I have all these other things that need to be done. And I've had Kayley drawing up a list of chores to get done tomorrow morning so I'd better get on with something tonight.

Here's hoping your weekend is a good one, with great weather and full of entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment