About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Crafty Monday . . . and then some!

Well, what fun was had this morning. We ate lovely baking, a nice cup of tea and chats then into the craft. I was teaching a couple of the girls the decoupage canvas so I didn't do much myself, but I'm always crafting so it didn't really matter.

We had crochet, decoupage, sewing and lots of ideas flying about the room. The Ottoman was littered with craft books and magazines, and a great time was had by all.

But even better . . . we've come up with something I'm very excited about. Corleah had a great idea about choosing a craft and a budget and all doing something similar as a bit of a competition. I have a feeling that this could blow out to something quite big.

So I take great pleasure in announcing the inauguration of the Great Omokoroa Picture Frame Upcycle Challenge which has a maximum budget of $20 and we have until 12 December to complete it. Basically it's all about finding a cheap old picture frame and doing something marvellous with it. We've already had ideas thrown about like making a square wreath, using it as a photographic medium and I want to make mine into a kitchen chalk board where I can leave myself little notes. Each person can do whatever they like with their frame so long as they don't exceed their $20 budget. I can't stop thinking about it and want to get started now. But we're going to go Op Shopping after the school holidays to buy our frames and, if applicable, any supplies we can find dirt cheap. Can't wait to see what ideas come out of this and who joins us in this adventure.

Now my Crafty Monday is at an end and I need to collect my little treasures and think of ways to keep them entertained on a cold and wet Monday afternoon. Now there's a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment