About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Crafty Monday

Being the first day of the school holidays I hadn't expected to get any crafting done. However, it seems my cherubs might be growing up a bit and I did find some time to make this bag. (Don't get me wrong, there were still rows and arguments, but nothing too difficult to defuse).

I've been talking lately about making gifts for some of my friends who are expecting babies, and I thought a bag to throw over your shoulder with a few bits and bobs you might need could be a good addition to my gift so I made a start on working out how to make one and what would work best.

My rows aren't exact and I had a few issues with the tension of the borrowed machine so my stitching isn't perfect. However,  I'm pleased with where it's going and may just have to go out tomorrow to grab some fat quarters (I just love the sound of that) and keep working on how I want it to look. So this is the other side (I wanted to say backside but thought I might giggle, as having children at home all day toilet humour gets into the blood.)

I know it's all a bit girlie, but I am sure I'll be able to find some "boy" fabric around too. And I've managed to source some iron on vinyl in New Zealand (I'll blog the address when I can remember where I put it) so I'm also thinking the lining on the inside should be vinyl incase of spills etc.

And here's my gorgeous mum helping me sort out the tension on the machine. Anna didn't drop off the manual or anything and I have a feeling it's been some time since its last use as there are a number of knobs that appear to do nothing, not even turn.

However, between the two of us we worked out the tension issues. The only downside is that we can't get the bobbin winder to work so I'm having to wind bobbins by hand. But that's a small price to pay.

Hopefully the Green Machine should be home safe and sound by the end of the week, which leaves just one week of the holidays to wait until some time to do some child free sewing.

Now I need to get the children to bed so that I can get on with making some Christmas decorations for a Christmas Swap I heard about from Megan over at MouseHouse. Thought it might be a good idea to get on with them so they're ready to go by the postal date.

Enjoy the rest of your day and will catch you soon with some more goodies I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment