About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Crafty Monday

I have spent most of my day creating this little number for Janae's 4th birthday coming up in just over a month.

Of my two girls she's the one who loves her dolls and playing house and when I saw a quilted hold out dolls house tutorial on Pinterest I knew I just had to make it for her as part of her birthday treats.

She's also my guinea pig, because if it all comes together and she loves it, it will be my standard birthday gift for little girls next year (unless I find something equally fun to make instead).

This is what I'm hoping the finished product will be. I got this design from UK lass in US blog here. But I have to be honest that I didn't really follow her instructions and kind of worked it out in my head. I've figured out some things I'd do differently next time I make it, but I'm still really happy with it so far.

I love the covered buttons on UK Lass's picture and I've been given a whole lot of cover-your-own-buttons recently so I'm definitely adding those.

It's almost too difficult to wait until December 3 and see what she thinks when she opens this gift. But I still have lots of little dolly bits to go inside it too.

So it's just a case of finishing and hiding it until next month. I wonder what wonderful things I'll be doing next week. Check this out. I don't think I'll be making this next week but I'm going to make sure it's something I do before the year is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment