About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Making Gifts, Giving Love

I was feeling very much like I had cabin fever last night so I couldn't bear the thought of being in front of the telly knitting. I sat in front of the sewing machine instead. It was SOOOOO much fun.

I now have my first "new baby" gift complete and can't wait to give these to Sonia who is due any time now!

This is the new and improved bag pattern. I'm hoping to improve it more and if anyone's interested I can share how I've made it when I've got it completely sorted out. This one is much more light weight than my first attempt. And, having made the square "ball" I've learned how to ensure that my seams all line up, so the next bag will be even better

This is the "ball" I found a pattern for last night. London Mummy is a fabulous blog (she's now on my reading list so check it out) and she has amazingly simple to follow tutorials etc. I'm going to have to check out more of her stuff to see what else I can make.

And this bib you've already seen. I've just got around to putting the velcro on so it's wearable. I'll get some lovely ribbon tomorrow to put it all together with and that'll be one of three complete.

Now I'm desperately trying to keep the children from killing each other after three days of rain. I'm fed up with the sound of my own voice, certainly fed up with the sound of the children's voices so we're just waiting for Kayley and Nanny to get here and we're taking a road trip out to the Katikati Library. The beauty of living in a large rural area is that we can access libraries all over the place. Our little one is great but Katikati is bigger, has better toys, larger selection of books and DVDs so we should be able to amuse ourselves until lunch time, then I'll let them fight over which DVD to watch first, shout a bit and they'll hopefully settle to something so I can have some peace. Ahhh, only one and a half weeks until the school holidays are over. So near and yet so far!

2 comments:

  1. Those are great! I'm sure Sonia will love them! And we just got back to school a month ago....how many more days until Christmas break?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooooooooooooooo! Don't mention the Christmas break!!! Just kidding. Ten weeks from now until they break up for Christmas. But I'm praying for lots of hot, fine weather and we have a holiday planned so we should be okay. Keep warm! And thanks for the lovely feedback.

    ReplyDelete