About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Multi-tasking? Surely Not!

Due to the unexpected demise of my sewing machine I've been guilty of multi tasking today. Meet Poppy . . . my single limbed and slightly skew polar bear. She's yet another of Jean Greenhowe's lovely creations and as soon as I saw her I knew I had to make her just for me. Hopefully, by the end of the weekend she will have all four limbs and a very delectable looking ice cream cone. I know my children are champing at the bit to claim her but she's mine, all mine!

And because the weather, which until today has been glorious, is not really conducive for all the outdoors adventures we had planned for today, I also started my "top secret project". Here's a sneak preview. Be warned, it's only in the very early stages, is quite an undertaking and may be some time before I can show you the finished product.

The children have been treated to hot dogs and chips for dinner in front of one of our all time favourite films Nanny McPhee and are now tucked up in bed peacefully slumbering. I am going to throw some bread in the toaster and put the kettle on for my own dinner and I'm going to settle down to Sex in the City 2. I have only one problem: which craft do I choose? I think it might have to be knitting as I can watch and knit at the same time. Embroidery is very much a head-down-bum-up kind of craft. But who cares which I choose, they'll both be fun and I'm sure the film will live up to it's reputation. There's nothing like a bit of self-obsessed girlie rom-com entertainment for a Saturday night in.

No comments:

Post a Comment