About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Poppy Came and Went

I knew it! Poppy is only just finished and . . . 


She's been claimed by someone else.

Ah well, that's the life of a crafting mother I suppose.

You know, I remember now why I LOVE wet Mondays. Yesterday was pouring with rain, howling with wind and my friends and I were gathered in the warmth and much fun was had. Today the sun is shining, the breeze is light and I've achieved so much because I feel revitalised and renewed.

The washing line is full of clothes, the house has been hoovered from one end to the other, beds all made and one little girl has been playing happily all morning. I've managed to finish Poppy and now we're waiting for Nanny to come by to pick us and the sewing machine up to see if it can be renewed and revitalised too.

Would you think me a terrible person if I confessed that there's a secret part of me that hopes the darling old Singer cannot be fixed? I love that old machine and it's been such a blessing to have it, even for a short while, to build a love affair with sewing. But now the mourning period is over (it's remarkably short for machinery) I keep imagining sitting at a new machine that has one or two more bells and whistles than Singer. Actually, Singer is so old she doesn't have any bells or whistles so anything would be an improvement.

Well, only time will tell and I'll let you know the outcome. We're also off to fleece an old woman of her furniture. Not really. A lovely old family friend is giving up her gorgeous home to move into a gorgeous new home of much smaller proportions and she has some furniture she wants us to have so we're going to have a look at her wares and see what we can collect. That's very exciting for me. Now for a quick sandwich before we head off. I hope your Tuesday is beautiful, successful and rewarding too.

No comments:

Post a Comment