About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

So patience isn't my strong suit


It was such a "doing" day on Saturday that, once the washing line was full and the lawns were mown I just couldn't resist putting our swing seat together. I now call it "our" swing seat as I've only sat on it twice since putting it together.

I was a little concerned that I'd fail because the beginning of the assembly instructions told me "assembly may require two persons". But, one person and two children who were so patient and helpful, got it together in a couple of hours. And here are the little cherubs all snuggled up on it at half past seven this morning. Gee, if only they really were still asleep at half seven.

Tomorrow is card making day for Grandad's birthday later this week. Can't wait to see what awesome creations they'll come up with. Oh . . . a GREAT idea to get together with your friends and their children over the school holidays has been come up with by Corleah. Get all together for "Kids Craft Morning" and set the children to something simple yet fabulous and help them out while chatting and drinking coffee. We're having one on Friday morning so we're really looking forward to that.

My prayer is that if you have school holidays occurring at your place that you're enjoying the little darlings, and that you have space for a quiet cup of tea and a flick through your latest favourite craft magazine at least twice a day.

Belinda

PS: The darling old Singer can be repaired, which is great news, if a little disappointing that a fancy new machine is now at the bottom of the 40th birthday list. The Green Machine should be home by the end of the week, but until then, Anna has loaned me her old darling. Yeah . . . more sewing tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment