About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Too Busy to Create



I love the warmer months of the year. I love the night breeze that comes through the open door when I'm falling asleep. I love the way the children race out to play after dinner because it's still light. I love waking up and bouncing out of bed ready for the day because it has started before me, unlike the winter months. I do not, however, love the way the outdoors requires more attention leaving less time for creating. 


I love fresh beans in the summer, but I'm not so fond of going through the epic drama of creating a bean frame each year. Hopefully this sturdy bamboo number will stay put for a few seasons to come now.


I love a mutton roast with my family, but I'm not so fond of the tedious job of pulling off fencing battens to make way for a new fence to keep the sheep in.

I love the way the birds sing from dawn until dusk. I'm not so fond of the cheeky Kingfisher bird that sits on the swing set and dive bombs the windows for some unknown reason. I keep threatening to take the air rifle to him, but he just laughs at me.

There are so many jobs to be done that I'm kind of glad it's wet and miserable outdoors today. All I have to do now is get on top of the indoor jobs and I'll be ready to get started on something fun. Here's hoping that all the chores can be complete by this evening and I'll have the weekend to watch the children play happily while I keep on with my baby blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment