About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Guy Fawkes

I'm not entirely sure why we as a nation still celebrate the attempt to blow up the English parliament in 1605 but we do and the children love it! We followed tradition and joined some friends down on the beach in front of my parent's home. We set out our explosives at intervals along the low tide mark, waited for darkness to descend and then the men got busy setting them off.

Little Janae was terrified. Before we even got to the beach she was asking if she could go home to bed. We got the sparklers out and she refused to hold them. The fear didn't last long. She was tucked up on Nanny's knee as it was FREEZING down there and after the first firework was over she was calling out "one more Granddad". And before you know it she was begging for sparklers quicker than I could get them lit.

The other two were in raptures too. Rogan bouncing about like a bunny and Kayley taking it all in her "I'm almost nine and too cool to get excited" way. Needless to say it was a fairly late night and there are three tired and ratty children this evening but it's all worth it really.


And today I came home from church in the brilliant sunshine expecting to be mowing lawns. By the time the five minute journey was over it was pouring with rain. So I had no choice but to finish off this Christmas decoration. It has been fun to make but I'm pleased it's finished. There are just so many elements to this that I doubt I'll make another one. Now I'm busy making yellow and purple baubles (knitted of course). But I have three monsters racing around the house like mad things so I'd better go feed them before herding them into an early bed. 

Oh, tomorrow is our shopping trip to get special things for our frame upcycle. Can't wait for that! I'm sure I'll end up with treats that will have nothing to do with picture frames. I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment