About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Making Progress

I've been busy chugging away at the embroidery for my Frame Upcycle challenge and have finally finished the main part of the image. I'm starting to really love this with the swirly roses, the polka dot basket, the satin stitch leaves and even the sneaky little butterfly.

I roped my mum into helping me chose the border fabric today as I was struggling to decide what would look best. We've made a decision to use the same fabric as the heart. It's choclate brown with lovely pinky flowers, which seems to go well with my lace and rick rack that I'm pairing with it.

I also laid the empty frame over the two fabrics to be sure it'd be okay. I still have a few jobs to do, such as painting the frame and deciding if I'm going to do any treatment to it, but I'm feeling like I'm making headway at last.

And I've even found a home for it once the challenge is over. A dear old family friend, Rosa, bestowed on me lots of fabrics, laces, and other sewing goodies when she was packing up her home to move so I am going to give her this, once it's finished, as a small way of saying thank you. And, because it's been so much fun to make I'm wondering if there might be a market for these. I've been trying to work out how I can make a living once all my children are out of the home all day and I have had feedback about those headbands I made as party favours . . . remember these? Apparently people have been asking the wearers where they were purchased and where they can get some for their daughter. So, desipte my lack of faith in my own work, maybe there is a living to be made. I'll have to keep researching I think.

But now I need to send some children to bed as one is flashing his behind in my face to check his wiping skills while the other two are fighting on the trampoline. Yes bed time once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment