About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Starting the Decontamination

This morning, as the rain was pouring down I set Janae to some painting while I began the decontamination process.

No, we haven't been ill, but the room where I do my sewing has, until today, been known as the toy room. Really it's just the MESS room. My children are almost past the stage of playing with lots of little toys. Now they're more into sports, the great outdoors and hut making.

So while Janae was happily creating a few masterpieces I got to work. Unfortunately it wasn't a case of starting and finishing in the toy room, but I had to clear out a couple of bedrooms so that some of their most precious treasures could have a home there.

Consequently it has taken me all day just to get to this stage . . .

 It's my little corner of the world and I love it. It's still not perfectly ordered and tidy but at least there's a clear path across the floor to it now. Yesterday, while making Janae's birthday present I had to clamber over a pile of videos (yes videos, not DVDs . . . very strange phenomenon). I had to dodge a couple of beach chairs that Rogan and Janae use to sit on when watching their videos. Then I had to sift through a mountain of trains, cars, planes and other paraphernalia to get to the green machine.

What you can't see is the big pile of things I'm going to sneak out to the rubbish collection on Wednesday mornings. Shhh, don't tell the children, because I have a feeling that unless they're informed of this, they probably won't even notice the absence of things they never play with.

Now I want to sit down and carry on with another project but it's too close to dinner making time so there just isn't the time or head space to sew. Maybe tomorrow after Mainly Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment