About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

And Christmas Has Gone

We had a loDSCF2258ng but enjoyable day filled with sunshine and laughter. Thankfully there were plenty of things to keep the children amused so Granddad could have his afternoon nap.

 

DSCF2259

It turned into three generations of crafty girls. I cannot quite believe that we’ve finally (after eight years) found something that will keep Kayley focused and amused for hours. Nanny gave her a Knitting Bee and it was a huge hit.

DSCF2260

In fact it was such a hit that I think we need to get Nanny one for her birthday in March.

 

DSCF2262

Janae even looked like she wanted a go. Unfortunately she’d just fallen off Nanny’s new swing seat (Granddad’s gift to Nanny) and bumped her head so she was covering herself with a cold and wet cloth as a pain killing measure. (I love that children can be healed with water and fabric, just like magic.)

DSCF2264

And I spent the day making this lovely rainbow of colours. The pattern for this can be found here. It’s simple and so effective.

I have been commissioned to make a baby blanket for a baby whose gender will remain a secret until it’s born and I wondered if this might do. However, Corleah has decided she likes the original idea of white, lemon and green. This will have to keep until we go away on holiday and the baby blanket is complete. I need to make Nanny something for her birthday so maybe this might work. Although, I would love to make her this blanket because it’s just beautiful and will fit with my big 2012 challenge, yet to be revealed.

Now’s it’s a case of coping with the come down from all the sweets, hype and excitement of Christmas. We’ve experienced four year old tantrums since six this morning and these have only been distracted by the training wheels going on Rogan’s old bike so Janae can ride it (he got a new shiny one as his knees kept bumping the handlebars on the old one).

And I want to keep playing with my new Cake Mixer but the blanket is a priority so we’ll have to make do with the fabulous chocolate cake I made from Julie Goodwin’s first cook book yesterday.

I hope Christmas is treating you well and you’ve been blessed.

2 comments:

  1. The Autumn blanket is beautiful, but I love the simplicity of ripples....glad you had a great day and the children did too...I had a fantastic Christmas and I am on break until next Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a fabulous time off work and that the weather stays warm for you until you're back to school. At least you natural disasters seem to have stopped. :) xx

    ReplyDelete