About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Has Arrived

It's Christmas Eve here in NZ and it's been a hot but restful day. We've had a lovely time, just the four of us, hanging out and waiting for Santa. We wrapped some gifts for the childrens' big brothers and grandmothers. Here they are safely under the tree waiting for Santa's gifts to be added.

The girls logged on to You Tube and checked out some of their favourite Christmas songs.

Rogan has had his stocking hanging on the door handle since early this morning.

We got our Santa Stop Here sign up and plugged in. The downside of having Christmas in the summer is that the things that light up just aren't as great in daylight.

And I spent the whole afternoon here making this . . .




















This is the cushion my mum asked me to make for our lovely friends that we'll be staying with on our holiday. It is the first time I've made a cushion and preferred the back to the front. Unfortunately, by the time I got it finished the sun was going down and the colours just don't look so good under flash. Perhaps I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

So it is with sunburned knees, weary eyes and a joyful heart that I wish you a very merry Christmas and an extremely happy New Year. I have some exciting plans for 2012 so tune in then and I'll fill you in. You never know, I may even have a challenge or two for you to join with me in.

God Bless! 
Belinda

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Belinda! Looking forward to reading about your plans for 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you, the children, and your Mum and Dad....

    ReplyDelete