About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Introducing "Camrolyn"

Here, at last, is the gorgeous girl my children have named Camrolyn. Why? Because she was a gift for the lovely Carolyn as a thank you for all she does for Mainly Music. She works hard and takes no credit for it, while giving praise to those of us who assist her. This year I decided that she'd have something lovely too.

It's plain to see she's a Jean Greenhowe pattern, but I've made one or two adjustments. The sunglasses were supposed to be blue on the outside but Carolyn has red framed glasses so we had to personalise those. The skirt too was a different colour but she loves red and pink and floral so it was essential to have something in keeping with the real lady.

The backpack, in the original pattern housed a thermos flask and sandwiches, but I decided to turn the flask pattern into a spare camera lens, for those lovely landscape shots the real Carolyn takes.

And the umbrella was blue with a duck head handle. However, every real photographer needs a sliver light umbrella so that's what we gave her. Little Emily was almost as in love with the doll as her mum, but Carolyn made very sure Emily knew it was her mummy's toy.

This little Christmas tree was my gift from Anna who has an obsession with drift wood this year. (Last year it was river stones.) So she has made each of us a mini drift wood tree. I love this tree and it has a place on my bookshelf at my front door. But today I've hung my baubles on. We have Crafty Girls tonight and I was up late (again) making these so everyone could see what they'd be doing on arrival.

And finally his is a sad sight to share. I love this fabric and I love the headband that I was making for Kayley. However, at the almost complete stage my machine threw another tantrum. I'm pleased to announce that it is under warranty since the new motor was put in, but I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't realise that I'd probably have to add some oil every time I used it, so it's had a wee sieze up. I'm taking it in tomorrow and hope that they can fix it while I wait as I want to make more of these for my girls. And I have to make Christmas stockings too so I need to be able to use my sewing machine.

Now I can see where my first child free week has gone. I had a vision of having the house to myself each day and getting lots of jobs done and having lots of time for craft. Hmmm, I've only spent one full day at home and I shared that with Daniel Craig . . . no not for real. But Monday morning was a bit yuck so I grabbed a DVD off the shelf, grabbed Mrs W's christmas gift in progress and enjoyed a lovely peaceful morning. Oh well, there's always next week to have five days at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment