About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

It shouldn't be this hard

I commented to a friend the other day that we spend all year telling one another how busy our lives are and then BOOM the first of December arrives and life goes into overdrive. Really, it shouldn't be this difficult.

The children are exhausted, I'm exhausted and we're all just a little grumpy. But thankfully, there are always little things that make us know we can cope with another day. This bowl of baubles sitting on my kitchen bench has been winkling at me all day and makes me smile when I walk past.

Last night was the final Crafty Girls session of 2011 and the first that I have been allowed to be in charge of. I did confess to the Lovely Carolyn, that I'd felt a little bullied into having a Christmas Crafty Girls; I think I was a little nervous that those attending might hate my craft idea (i.e. making these baubles), but by the end of the night I was rejuvinated by the laughter, the delicious treats and a lovely cup of coffee. Oh, and the craft helped too.

Thankfully, by 10pm Saturday night my Christmas commitments will be virtually at an end. We have the annual Christmas in the Park and I'm singing with some lovely people. But we have some fabulous bands this year too so I'm only required for an hour of the whole evening which means I'll have some time to sit on a rug with my family and enjoy the atmosphere. We do have one carol service next weekend that I'm required to sing at, and then it's cruising in to Christmas. Bring on the school holidays when I won't have to drag myself out of bed at six to make packed lunches and force unwilling children from their pajamas and into school clothes.

So between now and next Friday it's a case of deep breaths, lots of "help me please" prayers and reminding myself to give the love along with the discipline. I hope you're coping with your pre-Christmas preparations and are remembering to give the love too.

No comments:

Post a Comment