About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Meet the newest member of our family

This is Humphrey, Town Crier Extraordinaire. It's this little chap that's kept me busy for a couple of weeks making sure he's complete for Christmas Day as he's the gift the children are giving Nanny.

My mum fell in love with Camrolyn and was very disappointed that she was promised to another. So we flipped through the book that Andrea had given me for my birthday and she said she liked this little fellow the most.

So here he is in all his glory. He's been such a delight to make. However, I think my fingers are over knitting for the time being. I've got a bandaid on my right pointer finger as I've got stab marks, cuts and even bruises from all the knitting I've been doing of late.

Thankfully the next project, that's well under way, is a crochet cushion cover for the lovely people we'll be staying with on our holiday under Mount Egmont/Taranaki in a couple of weeks time.

All the plans are complete for Christmas, all the gifts are wrapped (except for Humphrey of course), the food is bought and now it's a waiting game until the big day. Goodness, I think this might be the most organised I've ever been. I hope all your preparations are going well too. xx

4 comments:

  1. Belinda - he is amazing - very lucky Nanny. Hope all is going well and I can't wait to catch up with you after Christmas. Have a wonderful one, Love Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! Have a great holiday! Right now we are having exceptionally warm weather and it does not feel like Christmas at all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, and same to you. I too am finding it difficult to find the Christmas spirit in warm weather, about 20 c here today. I hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete