About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, December 9, 2011

More Heavenly Headbands

I dragged the children into Spotlight this afternoon, against all my better judgment because they have half price yarn this weekend. Well, it was a success all round really. The children behaved beautifully I'm so pleased to say and I found this gem for a mere $4.

It's Bella Baby Layette bamboo and wool blend. I had been wanting to get some cotton to give another headband a go, but with Christmas coming up the budget is a bit tight so I didn't think I'd be getting any this soon. At $4 it was a bargain I couldn't miss.

All through Kayley's volleyball game this evening I was secretly looking into my bag at the variagated loveliness and as soon as the children were tucked up in bed I whipped it out and got started. This headband will be for Katie, should her mummy love it too. Corleah mentioned colours such as pink, purple and lime green, and I'd originally had a vision of blocks of different colours. But I think the variagted looks pretty good really. I'll just have to wait and see what the verdict is.

I've also been asked to make a "cuff" which can be found here . . . on Pinterest. Now that's going to take some working out to make a pattern as pretty as that. Greta (who asked for this) has a wedding to go to next weekend and I've given her a dress I loved too much to give away to charity, and I'd love to be able to make something to go with it, but I just don't think I'll have the time unfortunately. Oh well, maybe in the New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment