About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Great Reveal and Lots of Tea

DSCF2383

It’s taken just over a month (40 hours of crochet time) and it’s complete. I’m so hoping my Mum will love this as much as I do. The colours are better than what I thought. I only have one issue, and that’s the placement of the squares. I followed the guide from the pattern and have ended up with a row of dark brown. If I were to do it again, I’d probably assemble them differently. Maybe that’ll teach me to join as I go.

DSCF2384

I can just see Mum throwing this over her legs as she has a read/snooze on a cold winter afternoon. Wish it were mine!

 

And now for the tea cosy. I am shocking at making anything for myself and getting it finished. I seem to have much  more integrity about completion of projects when they’re destined for another home. However, we’ve had a lovely afternoon on Nanny and Granddad’s beach and while we were down there I made this . . .

DSCF2387

It’s just a little big for my teapot but I’m certain it’ll still help keeping the tea hot enough for a second or even third cup. I got the pattern from here if you want to check it out.

The best part is the little teapot button I had just waiting patiently for a project such as this. I will have to move the button over a bit for a tighter fit on my pot, but that’s a small price to pay. I think I may even do it now so I can head outdoors to work on the grey blanket for the school gala. In fact, I’m stunned, that’s two projects down this week and only one large one to go . . .  except . . . I think I’ve found myself another blanket project to keep me busy. More about that soon!

2 comments:

  1. The blanket for your mom is beautiful! I love the colors, so bright, happy and modern.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it came out so lovely! It really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete