About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, January 30, 2012

How Embarrassing

DSCF2389

I’m almost too embarrassed to share this story, but it makes me laugh every time I think of it.

Last night I heard some scurrying behind the fridge. We often have field mice in the house at this time of year, it’s hot, it’s dry and the sheep have eaten all the lovely places to make mice nests. So I wrestled with the fridge and pulled it out. During this process, it slammed against the wall and jammed my fingers. “Phyllida” I said to myself (my proxy swear word, apologies if anyone by that name reads this blog). Alas, no mouse behind so I shoved it away.

This morning Rogan lost his Hot Wheel car under the fridge so I had to wrestle with it again (taking care not to jam my fingers). Coming around to the side to see if I could lean the fridge over so Rogan could find his car, I came across this sight. Very cartoon-esk I feel. Poor little mouse, squished mid-escape. Ah well, that’s one less to be concerned with.

DSCF2392

And I’m afraid I may have hit upon another obsession. Tea Cosies. I found this amazing pattern on Pinterest last night and had to get straight into it this morning. Unfortunately my camera doesn’t handle red very well so this looks more jaffa than the Choc Cherry I see while I’m hooking. Can’t wait to show you the finished product. This one’s definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment