It was a mad rush towards the very end as Kayley was on her way home with Nanny and I was sat at the sewing machine sewing the front to the back but we got there in the end.
I have to admit to putting this on my bed and having a very brief thought that perhaps I could make Kayley something else and keep this for myself. However, when I think of all the love I tried to put into every stitch, this is entirely her cushion. I can’t wait to see it on her bed when she turns nine.
The back in an upholstery fabric that was given to me by a dear family friend. I used this for the back of Janae’s heart cushion, and knew it was perfect for Kayley’s Summer Garden Cushion.
But now for a game of
Spot the Difference
I’d have had the cushion finished yesterday but for a wee glitch with the bottom flower. I’d made a fundamental boo boo which meant I couldn’t use it and had a wee tantrum, shoved it all into my bag and left if for the day. Thankfully I felt much kinder towards the errant flower this morning and set to making another for the last square. Let’s see if you can spot the error!