About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

One down . . . two to go!

DSCF2371

It was a mad rush towards the very end as Kayley was on her way home with Nanny and I was sat at the sewing machine sewing the front to the back but we got there in the end.

I have to admit to putting this on my bed and having a very brief thought that perhaps I could make Kayley something else and keep this for myself. However, when I think of all the love I tried to put into every stitch, this is entirely her cushion. I can’t wait to see it on her bed when she turns nine.

DSCF2373

The back in an upholstery fabric that was given to me by a dear family friend. I used this for the back of Janae’s heart cushion, and knew it was perfect for Kayley’s Summer Garden Cushion.

 

But now for a game of

Spot the Difference 

DSCF2368

DSCF2370

I’d have had the cushion finished yesterday but for a wee glitch with the bottom flower. I’d made a fundamental boo boo which meant I couldn’t use it and had a wee tantrum, shoved it all into my bag and left if for the day. Thankfully I felt much kinder towards the errant flower this morning and set to making another for the last square. Let’s see if you can spot the error!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the cushion - I will have to make an Aunty Mum inspired cushion now. Love Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete