About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The things you can achieve . . .

When there's no telly in the house. We've had a lovely day. The children have managed to find all sorts of things to amuse themselves, even if it's meant getting the vacuum cleaner out at least once. And I've had a lovely time getting to the almost half way point on my mum's birthday gift.

I can't tell you how much I'm loving this. There is still a long way to go and probably some points of getting frustrated, but I just know that this will knock her socks off and put an end to the quiet mumbling I hear about all the lovely things I make for other people and not for her.

And, with a quieter day it's given me some headspace to think about how I can spoil my eldest little darling after what has been a difficult few weeks for the both of us. I have a cunning plan for her birthday in March.

She's almost nine and I think she might be a little old for the fairies and butterflies that currently decorate her room so I'm planning on a bit of a makeover so that when she comes home from school on her birthday she'll come home to a "tweeny" room instead of something I put together for a six year old. Some involves sewing, some crochet and most of it involves lots of love. I think that's why I'm so enthused about mum's blanket because I'm eager to get it finished so I can start on all the treasures for Kayley. I'll keep you updated as things progress.

1 comment: