About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Completion Day

DSCF2517

I can’t believe how happy I am with these socks, and how simple they were to make . . . let alone enjoyable. I’m definitely going to make some more so watch this space.

The completion was interrupted briefly by watching Kayley compete in and complete her first ever triathlon.  She didn’t come first, but she didn’t come last and she even managed to put on a burst of speed at the end to stop someone passing her. Well done my lovely girl!

I’ve also been playing with some square ideas fDSCF2518or Lexi’s birthday on 31 March. She’s a ‘girlie’ girl so anything sparkly and girly will be loved, but I want to make her a nice little cushion for her bed. I’ve beaded this one. I do apologise for the horrid photography but I was taking these while the homework was being finished so they’re a bit hurried.

DSCF2519

This one I’ve done with texture . . . which is hard to see in this photograph. The third square will have the flower I made the other day and I have no idea what will make up the fourth, but I’d like to think I’ll have them done by this evening so I can work out what I’ll do for the back of the cushion. Maybe I’ll have something to share tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment