About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fabulous February

page

Wow, this month has been a month of achieving things I never thought I’d ever achieve. Four knitting needles are starting to feel like lovely companions, the grey blanket that was just a vision at the beginning of the month is complete and delivered, I’m making progress on Kayley’s Room Makeover and I’m continuing with my square a day challenge.

Tomorrow is the first day of the month and I’m off to find some more fun sock yarns for more foot warmers, and some other lovely colours for hats (winter is just around the corner so it’s almost hat season again.)

And March is the start of our Lamp Upcycle challenge and I have even managed to incorporate the square a day challenge in this . . .

Lamp

By using this as inspiration for my own bedside lamp. Well, that’s the plan anyway. I hope it comes off! (Thanks to the Lovely Carolyn for finding this for me.)

Thanks for all the encouragement I’ve been receiving over the past month. It’s wonderful to see how many people are starting to follow this little mental ramble of mine. You have no idea how much seeing you all helps me to push the envelope a bit and try new things. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment