About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Glorious Days

DSCF2425

A quick trip to the supermarket after kindy drop off, then home to rush through the chores, make a quick call to arrange a cup-a-tea date with two local crafty ladies next week (more about that closer to the time), make a pot of tea and then immerse myself in my Gala Blanket. Yes, that was the bliss of my day.

I am still stunned that it took two hours to tie in some tails and add this row to the blanket. I popped in at 11 to put some washing on the line, then the next time I came back indoors it was suddenly midday. It’s true when they say “time flies when you’re having fun”.

DSCF2426

After a spot of lunch I churned out two more squares using some experimental techniques that I’m not sure if I’m in love with or not. Time will tell. But they will appear in the Gala blanket because I’m sure they’ll blend in nicely.

Now the children’s day is coming to a close as I listen to them race about outdoors on their bikes, scooters and skate boards. Sometimes it’s difficult to tell if they’re rowing or just having loud fun; although with the odd word that’s filtering through I feel sure that if I don’t intervene soon there’ll be tears before bedtime.

My morning appointment has been postponed tomorrow so I’m all aglow about another morning making squares. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about time flying when your having fun- especially crafting- I can't believe how times flies when I'm working on a project. And your squares are looking great!

    ReplyDelete