About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, February 13, 2012

I can do it!

DSCF2443

I can’t believe how easy the bullion stitch is once you know how. The tutorial I linked to on Saturday is the way to go. And I think the effect is brilliant . . . although you’ll see that I get a little better at it with the second square below.

DSCF2442

Remember the blue blanket I showed you yesterday? Well, I’ve kind of pinched the idea of the popcorn stitches in the corners and hope to create the same effect here will the bullion stitch. I’m hoping this will become a cushion for my bed, as I have three very ordinary cushions on my bed and would love something a little more . . . well . . . me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Just found your blog and love that little red and white square, might have to try this, its so sweet. Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. They are cute aren't they!

      Delete