About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I love this time of year

DSCF2470

There are copious amounts of things to gather from the garden. I’m loving this big bowl of tomatoes because the possibilities of what I can do with them are endless.

Just the other day I made Annabel Langbein’s roasted tomato sauce and it made the most delicious spaghetti bolognaise that we finished it off in one meal.

I may make some relish with these instead though. Oh . . . it’s so hard to make decisions sometimes.

DSCF2469

And a container full of beans. We’ve been very selfish with our beans this summer so I’ve given this lot to my mum. I have exchanged a fresh fish and chip dinner at their house tonight though. (I have a feeling we may have got the best of that trade.)

DSCF2471

And I got brave last night and started another pair of fingerless gloves, to the pattern this time. Wow, five needles in one garment, now that’s what I call knitting. It’s going well so far, but I’m going to make sure that the first glove at least is made while the cherubs are away being educated as I don’t think my poor old brain would cope with all that concentration.

DSCF2472

And the purple blanket is coming along too. I get so frustrated with my camera as these colours aren’t true to what I can see with my eye (or it could be that my eye is wonky). Hopefully, when it’s complete, I’ll have a lovely sunny day and the colours will photograph perfectly. And I’m being very stern with myself regarding the putting together of this blanket. I’m determined to wait until all the squares are complete before deciding on a joining method and placement. Let’s hope I can stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment