About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, February 27, 2012

I’m such a goose sometimes

Sleep isn’t something I’ve been excelling at recently and it’s starting to take its toll. This morning the house looked like a bomb had gone off, due to some zealous children, a sprinkler and a very busy weekend. The grass was so long that the children had trouble even finding the sprinkler.

Instead of getting to work I procrastinated by phoning my Mum. Of course it wasn’t long before I had a little cry and, true to form she dashed around to lend a hand. You see, my approach to heaps of work is to hide away and pretend it doesn’t exist then feel even worse when I’m faced with it the next day. Mum’s approach is to knuckle down and get it done so that the next day you can relax.

Two hours of lawn mowing, five loads of washing (mostly towels) some hoovering and floor mopping and it was done. Instead of being able to revel in the achievement I took myself off to bed for an hour.

But, I have managed to get some crafting done.

DSCF2515

I saw a flower like this on Pinterest the other day and had to try and make it. (There was no pattern so I just followed the overall design and made it up as I went along. Here’s how I made it:

Using double knit and a 4.5mm hook, take colour A and chain 4, join with sl st to form a ring.

Rnd 1: Chain 5 (one dc and 2 chain) into the ring, Dc, chain 3 seven times, join into 3rd of starting ch 5.

Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc into same as joining, *5 dc into next ch 2 space. sc into next dc. Repeat * around. Join with sl st into first sc. Fasten off.

Rnd 3: With colour B join around any dc from round 1. Ch 6 (1 dc and 3 chain), *front post double crochet around next dc from round 1, chain 3. Rep * Around. Join with sl st into 3rd of starting ch 6.

Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc into same as joining. *7 dc into next ch 3 space. sc into next dc. Repeat * Around. Join with sl st into first sc. Fasten off.

Rnd 5: With colour C join with a sc into any first dc of a petal. *Sc into each of the next 7 dc, sc into fpdc from round 3.  Rep * around. Join with sl st into first sc. Fasten off. Tuck away any ends.

DSCF2516

And I’ve also been making progress with the socks. So far I haven’t got to that “I really don’t want to do this any more” stage and am even planning the next pair. Hopefully, with all the big chores done I can rock on with them tomorrow and maybe even get them finished. Here’s hoping anyway.

And it’s Janae’s friends birthday in a few weeks so I’m wracking my brains about what I can create for her. I’m thinking a little pillow, a hat (winter isn’t too far away now) and maybe even a little headband or something. I’ll see how much time I’ve got.

No comments:

Post a Comment