About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

It took some minor miracles

DSCF2441

But all the squares for the Gala Blanket are complete. Waaaaaa Hooo!

I’m amazed that it’s virtually finished. Alas, I need some more 5 ply white to do the border but at least that’s easy fixed and I’ve come well within my deadline of 24 March. I’m so pleased with it and keep wandering by to have a quick look and try to imagine what it will look like finished, blocked and ready to go.

Now I’m turning my mind to the next large scale project. There are two options . . .

89016530104576237_8UC6H7Gp_f

This beauty that I found on Serendipity the other day. I can’t tell you how in love with this I am. The colours are just beautiful and, I’m almost ashamed to say, I’d probably simply steal her design. Janae has asked for a blanket and I wonder if this might be just the thing for her.

Or there’s this . . .

50735933271815500_oh3UciaC_f

that I found on Pinterest. I absolutely adore the simplicity of this blanket on the eye and the clever use of popcorn stitches in the corner to create two motifs from one. I'm not crazy about the blue and would have to figure out a colour I like.

And I’ve been asked by the St Vincent de Paul ladies in town if I would be kind enough to make them some booties, baby blankets and hats if they supply all the yarn. Well, what could I say? An excuse to make more goodies . . . of course I said yes.

But now my bed beckons as there’s no more to be done today. I wonder what I’ll come up with tomorrow (apart from clearing out my very messy wardrobe).

2 comments:

  1. Oh it came out beautifully! I like the color scheme...hope it brings in a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baring it tomorrow - I must see it in real life!!!!

    ReplyDelete