About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Making up for lost time

page

Do you ever get almost to the end of a project and you just couldn’t bear to put it down as it just had to be done as soon as possible? I’m like this with EVERY project I’m afraid. And the Gala Blanket is no different. Having had two days where I got next to nothing achieved I decided that today would be productive: boy, oh, boy was it productive. I’ve crocheted just about everywhere except the loo (and I would have had I thought of it).

And do you want to know the really upsetting thing? I’m almost out of yarn and I only have two squares to go. I just can’t see how I’m going to stretch it out.

The children, thankfully, have been very understanding of my working frenzy today, and have spent lots of time playing nicely, swimming, sharing the computer like little cherubs. And after lunch I was serenaded by Janae. (Albeit, she had no idea she was serenading me.) So I had to sneak around to get the camera and capture her playing with the buttons and singing songs about them. She’s a little blessing sometimes.

Finally, I can, at last, see why some people thought I was simply taking photographs of squares in black and white and didn’t understand that the blanket I’m making is all in greys. It wasn’t until I put the montage together that I fully got the impact of the colour scheme. I don’t mind, I’m still loving the effect and hopefully, whoever wins the raffle at the school gala will love it too. Andrea has threatened to only sell one ticket for it . . . to herself. Now that’d be interesting as I know of about four people who want it. Hehehehe, will the handbags fly I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment