About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

School Days

DSCF2445

Have you wondered why your mother used to tell you when you were young that your school days would be some of the best of your life? It’s because she was projecting and, in fact, your school days were some of the best of her life. Well, that’s the way it feels to this mother . . . especially after such a loverly day like today.

This morning I packed up my basket of goodies to show off and I went for morning tea with Kate from Greedy for Colour, and . . . such a treat . . . Dominique from 2nd Hand Maid. Now, we’ve already established over the past three years that I have a tendency to be a bit thick, but until very recently I had not made the connection between 2nd Hand Maid and Kate’s crafty bloggy friend next door. It appears they’re one in the same and it was truly a treat to spend a morning discussing all things yarny. I was sooooo tempted to ask if I could have a photograph of them both at the table hooking and/or sewing and/or knitting but I was too shy. Maybe next time.

DSCF2447

And for those of you who have heard of my morning teas with the lovely Kate, you will know I ALWAYS come home inspired. Today is no different and once I’d got the baking for the children’s afternoon tea out of the way, I located my four double ended needles and braved knitting in a way I always find so difficult. I’m endeavouring to make some fingerless gloves . . . pattern here.

I have omitted the ribbing and the cable as I’m just not capable enough with four needles to attempt anything beyond stocking stitch at this stage. I do, however, see a lovely little lacy crochet border instead . . . hopefully.

And, with at least an hour before dinner prep begins, three children all happily fed, watered and relaxing before homework time, I’m going to settle back into trying to make some gloves. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. It was just the best morning wasn't it - great company.... and of course you should have taken photos - I can't believe I didn't take any of you and Dominique!!! Can't wait for the next one. Lots of love, Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete