About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

This is actually quite fun

DSCF2474

Apologies for the photography but I just had to show you the first of the cabled gloves.

I have to admit I had quite a lot of fun make this and am looking forward to starting the second. And I was surprised at how straight forward it was (even with five needles on the go).

I kept a piece of paper next to me that had scratchings of how many rows I’d knitted, which row of the cable pattern I was on and a reminder of which rows I had to cable forward or back. All this marking made the knitting process fly.

I’m also a lot happier with my tension on this glove, as compared to the first pair I made. So today I’m off to the library and I’m going to hunt out sock books. I usually do my shopping day with my mum because: a) I get to drive her big fancy car; b) I get to use up her petrol; b) she treats us to coffee and a muffin; c) shopping is generally more fun with a friend. But my folks are off to Taupo for a couple of days so I get to shop alone. This means as much time as I want browsing the library isles. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment