About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Beautiful Nine Year Old

DSCF2552

I can scarcely believe she’s nine already, but she certainly is. I was woken at some time around six this morning, dragged Janae out of bed and we did the birthday gift thing.

How strange, also to be giving gifts that are no longer about being a child. Silver jewellery, a digital camera. Kayley was amazed at these things. I’m sure there was a little disappointment that she didn’t get the usual haul of toys, but these things will give her pleasure for much longer.

DSCF2553

Here she is learning to edit her photographs on the computer. She’d taken sixteen within half an hour. Whew, thank goodness for digital.

page

 

 

Here are some of her photographs both edited and unedited. Hmmm, I think we need some lessons on keeping the camera still etc. Still, not bad for a first effort and the only way is up from here.

DSCF2554

The bedroom makeover is under way. I am ashamed to admit that I didn’t make as much as I’d have liked as time just seems to be running away with me right now. And when I saw this duvet set the other day I knew I’d never make anything as beautiful as this. It’s the perfect match for her bedroom colours, is very grown up (I’d quite like this in my room). And I know there are a couple of other things to add to the bedroom coming this afternoon. I am confident that I’ll have a very satisfied girl curling up in her bed tonight.

Happy birthday my beautiful girl. I love you and wish you a fabulous year full of adventure, achievement and excitement.

1 comment:

  1. Happy (belated)Birthday to you beautiful little girl.
    That looks a lovely crocheted cushion cover on the bed.
    Thank you for visiting my blog and kind comments.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete