About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hmmmm how did that happen?

I find myself, on a glorious, wet, quiet Monday morning with three works in progress. Once upon a time I’d only ever have one thing on the go, with the next project swirling and twirling seductively in my brain, pushing me to get the current thing done. Alas, I’ve become yarn project trollop and am serial cheating on not one but two other projects.

DSCF2564

Now I’ve introduced you to the glorious cable cardi I’m knitting myself. I’m not exactly whipping through this one at a vast pace of knots as there are trillions of stitches on the needles (not quite but it feels like it) and I’m having to count through each row and keep an eye on which row I’m up to. I am, however, thoroughly enjoying making it and the anticipation of a finished product is almost giving me tingles in my toes.

DSCF2562

You’re also aware of the Plunket baby blanket I’m making squares for. I’m still diligently turning these out and have about 15 more to make before I join them all up.

DSCF2563

But I’m not sure I’ve shown you this. I know I showed you the yarn, but haven’t yet shared what I’m doing with it. It’s a pair of socks for me . . . at least it will be at some point in the future. I did have an initial disappointment with this pair of socks. I had envisaged a zebra type stripe, all funky and fun. Where as the actual yarn is knitting into something much more conventional. I’m over that now though and am not far off completing the first of the pair.

Now, though I have a dilemma. Which one do I choose today? I’m thinking it may have to be squares because I have been inspired by Jay at The Hook Nook. She is making the most beautiful African Flower hexagons and I want to make some too. I must, however, show some restraint and wait until at least two of the above projects are completed.

So I’ll leave you with this gorgeous image:

DSCF2561

Janae is very much her own fashion guru so I was very chuffed when she announced on Saturday morning that she wanted to be beautiful in the dress I made for her a few months ago. Unfortunately the hair up and princess crown under the hat means the hat doesn’t fit so well today. But a girl just can’t have too much bling . . . at least when she’s four she can’t.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I'm a serial wip cheat, I'm fickle! I jump from project to project depending on busy I am. Because of the multi tasking aspect of motherhood, I do simple squares when I have my 10 yr old chattering in my ear, so I don't have to count too much, harder things in the evenings and downright complicated when I am alone. Pintrest is killing me with an abundance of inspirations too! I love your plunket square too. I think I need group therapy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Group therapy sounds like a plan. Although I imagine that those we'd choose to help us may be as fickle and addicted to making things as we are, and we may end up in more of a pickle than when we started!

      Delete