About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, March 5, 2012

It Seems Summer is Over

DSCF2531

So it’s perfect sock weather. I was determined to get Kayley’s socks finished this weekend and I managed it last night. I am quite amazed that not only have I made a whole pair, I’ve actually now made two whole pair and am ready to make a third. However, I think I’ve got enough of this pink yarn left to make Janae a little shorty pair . . . we’ll see.

I have only one disappointment . . . as my confidence has grown, my tension has got better and these socks only look like a pair due to their colour. Their patterns certainly don’t match. Ah well, Kayley loves them all the same.

DSCF2534

She had them on first thing this morning (it was quite chilly here first thing). And I think the only reason she didn’t wear them to school as that I’d warned her they were not to be lost in the play ground somewhere. Kayley is notorious for having one of every pair of socks within weeks of her getting new ones. Of course, being neon pink and zany patterns, I’m not sure anyone else would want them anyway.

DSCF2537

But socks aren’t the only thing I worked on this weekend. Keeping with the square theme, I’ve been playing with some ideas for our upcoming Lamp Upcycle Challenge. I’m not sure I’m in love with this idea so I may have to play around with some other thoughts.

Once I’ve got the toy room sorted this morning I’ll have another go at some cotton squares.

DSCF2539

And yesterday my crafty friend Janet popped in and loaned me these two books. She’s clearing out her craft supplies for a craft supply fair at Easter (must put that in my diary) and she came across these two books; knowing my obsession with all things square at the moment she thought I’d like to use them. Thank you Janet. All loans gratefully received!

Right, a very messy toy room awaits. It’s time to claim the space as my own. All the soft toys are off to the school gala, all the broken bits are in the bin and I’m ready to spread my crafty wings. Wish me luck . . . it’s a minefield in there!

2 comments:

  1. Those look great! Kids love zany colors and patterns..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter not only loses socks, she completely lost a brand new pair of boots and several pairs of sports shoes were rescued from the lost property box. At 10 I have yet to see her return home with shoes on. While it's annoying, intermediate school will end that little joy for her next year. Uniform means you wear shoes. Sad really.

    ReplyDelete