About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

It’s a struggle sometimes

I’ve been feeling under the weather this week. I’m not sure I can put my finger on it,but generally feeling quite yuck. I described it to my Mum this afternoon as “Feeling like you didn’t go to bed until about 3am and had to be up again at six.” Ah well, we keep on keeping on.

So to keep DSCF2556my spirits up I have been keeping on with making squares . . . albeit slowly. I’ve been keeping up with my square a day quota, and sometimes even two. This is quite funny really as these squares are quite small and easy to make, but it’s just finding the energy. However, I’m at the half way mark for this blanket so there’s a bonus.

And yesterday when I turned up at my parents to take the children to swimming lessons, she remarked on how truly ugly my red cardigan is. I’m well aware of this, but it was the first garment I’d made myself, it was my first dabble with cables and it’s soooooo comfy that I wear it all the time. It’s worse than fire engine red and I don’t really care. The comment did, I must say, make me decide to get some yarn and get started on a replacement garment.

1-1

I’ve been eyeing up this cardigan for a while now. I pinned it a few weeks ago wondering if I’d have the skill and patience to make it. So I printed it off from the Drops website and showed it to my lovely Mum. “Do you think I’d be able to make this?” I asked her. “I think you could make just about anything,” was her reply, which was a shocker for a start.

So today we headed off together and chose the yarn. She’s so sweet my Mum. We’d both chosen the same colour without consultation and I informed her it was $1 per ball more than I had budgeted for. (I’ve been saving my earnings from last year’s hat sales to make myself something lovely.) “Don’t worry, I’ll make up the difference” She said. Thanks Mum.

DSCF2555

So, having cried off a very important meeting to sleep off another headache, I woke a little more refreshed and just had to make a start. I can never leave a new project on the shelf I’m afraid.

This is the easy part, and I’ve still centimetres to go before I get to the tricky part, so this should keep me happy for a while.

Now I have two more kids to get into bed, I’m showered and dressed in my own pyjamas, and I may take myself back to bed to knit a couple more rows in peace.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely project and I envy you your knitting skill :) Look forward to watching your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you start to feel better soon. This WIP looks very exciting, can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Drops Design, and the yarn is lovely! What a lovely Mum, if Mum tells you your great, it must be true.

    ReplyDelete