About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Love Love Love

DSCF2520

I didn’t get any hat yarn this morning as I fell in love with these two yarns and couldn’t justify another ball this week.

While I was making socks for my Mum I kept thinking how cool they’d be in a zebra type stripe; you can imagine my delight when I saw the ball on the left. I almost danced in the isle with joy.

DSCF2526

And I’ve made a start with the pink for Kayley. She wanted the same pattern as her Nanny so I’m making the same socks again. It seems I’m breaking down so many barriers of my ‘norms’ right now. I’m so glad that the white is the prominent stripe with this yarn as I’m thinking it’d all be way too pink . . . even for Kayley.

DSCF2527 

And I made this little number last night. This hat is from Love Stitches blog and it’s beautiful. She has another gorgeous hat design I want to make for myself. This lovely hat will form part of Lexi’s birthday gift on 31 March. Of course, Janae proved a willing model as usual.

So it’s off to tidy up the house before my mother arrives and asks what I’ve been doing all day. I’ve had one little girl at home today and it’s amazing how just one child can mess up tidy serenity in just a few hours. Still, got a child free night coming up on Friday night so I think I can mentally cope for another 24 hours!

1 comment:

  1. I love those yarn too! The variegated colors look so beautiful, perfect for your socks! Can't wait to see your finished ones, the receiver will be thrilled! Love the hat you just made, I'm happy you like my patterns, and your model is such a cutie! :)
    Have a lovely day!
    Best wishes, LS

    ReplyDelete