About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Starts and Finishes

DSCF2549

I’ve managed to finish the purple blanket this week. Well, it’s not really big enough to call a blanket, but it’s big enough to lay your wee baby on while he/she kicks chubby legs in the air and chortles lovingly at you.

I did a very basic scalloped and ruffled edge because I think the colours speak for themselves and didn’t need too much adornment.

It was an interesting project to make but not one I’ll be doing again. Here’s the link to the square pattern again.

DSCF2547

And today, while my house has been full of children (six in total) I carried on adding to this little pile of pleasure. It’s been so long since I made a basic little square that I’d forgotten how rewarding it can be.

DSCF2548

I’m loving this little pattern with it’s simplicity and its gorgeous flower in the centre. It’s also helped me choose a border pattern already. Alas there are still five more rows of six squares to make and joining to be undertaken before I can even think about borders. But if you like this pattern you can find it here. It’s a fabulous resource of lots of motif patterns. I used a few in the Gala Blanket so I can vouch for their accuracy.

Now my little darlings are in bed, it’s all quiet and I need some dinner. Then it’s back to hooking my way through another ball of yarn. See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. I like the flower square a lot. Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern, I'll have a look at that next.

    ReplyDelete