About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wild Weekends

DSCF2567

It’s Sunday afternoon, the children are off looking at ambulances and rescue helicopters with their Nana and I’m shattered. It’s been one of those weekends where we have been on the go.

Friday night was one of our quarterly Crazy Cranium nights. We shared a Mexican style meal together and talked about all sorts of fun ‘women’ type things. We didn’t even get to playing Cranium. In fact, if it wasn’t for the Vicar/Volunteer fireman phoning his wife at 11pm to tell her to come home so he could attend a car accident with the fire brigade I think they may still be here chatting now. DSCF2569

Andrea made the centrepiece of the whole meal . . . a Jamie Oliver chilli chocolate cake. It was delicious and even my children love it. However, with half a kilo of chocolate in it, small pieces are essential.

Saturday was my mother’s birthday so we hung out with her for the day. She loved her blanket and her socks. The socks were such a hit with my dad that he’s ordered a couple of pairs for himself. Better finish mine to get started then.

Never wanting to be sitting around with nothing to do I took all the squares for the Plunket blanket with me and began putting them together. DSCF2565I’m joining them with a baby blue and will do a border of baby pink I think. I’m not usually one for random delegation of colours but I’m liking how this blanket is coming together. I’ll endeavour to show you a more completed version sometime this week.

After a restful day we headed off to the school gala. It was chaos in a very child friendly and exciting way. Janae, who hasn’t been since she was about 18 months old was mouth open in awe of all there was to see and do. Rogan and Kayley were off with their pocket money and having a ball.

DSCF2573

The giant bouncy slide is always a hit. You wouldn’t think from the look on Kayley’s face that this is an adventure they get to do quite often during the year as we are periodically invited to Kim and Craig’s house for a giant bouncy slide extravaganza. He puts it up in the drive and the kids go crazy while mums sit upstairs watching, drinking coffee and thinking about how blessed we are to have friends like Craig and Kim.

DSCF2576

I think this was Rogan’s favourite event of the evening. How cool is a motorbike carousel? It was almost as great as the real thing I think.

All in all, there hasn’t been a huge opportunity for crafting this weekend, so with the quiet that’s currently embracing my home I think I’ll sign off, find something for lunch and then carry on adding squares. It’s just bliss sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. Snap, I've just come home from the school gala up here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that. Looks like a fabulous day out.

      Delete
  2. Yours looks awesome fun too, the bouncy castle slide makes me wish I was 6 yrs old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a hectic weekend! I wish they made bouncy castles and slides for grown ups, they look like so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete