About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bah to technology

I am so upset that the little port for plugging my camera into the computer is broken as I have a couple of really lovely things to share with you. But, fear not, as my Dad is popping around later so I can borrow his camera and try to sort it all out.

I'll give you some hints though: it has something to do with the finest, softest, warmest, most glorious sock yarn you can imgaine. I'm making socks for my Dad and I took the pattern book with me to the yarn shop (no not Spotlight this time, but a real yarn shop). Well, blow me down but they had the exact yarn required for the job. It's a mix of merino, alpaca, possum and nylon. I'm almost sad to make these for Dad as I want them for me. But, as usual, I'll be strong and will pass them along. I'll hopefully share some photographs with you tomorrow.

The plunket blanket is progressing nicely, if a bit slowly. And the birthday hat for Janae's little friend was a huge hit with her mother and the other mothers, but wasn't so much a hit with the birthday girl. I don't think chocolate brown is her all time favourite colour. It's the perfect colour for her glorious strawberry blonde hair and peaches and cream complextion so let's hope it gets a good wearing this winter.

So keep your fingers crossed that I can overcome my techological difficulties and can share the latest in makings very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment