Yesterday I was in a dilemma about what to do with the cardigan I’d started as I was itching to make something semi designed by myself. Today I decided that six rows hardly constituted “starting” so I unpicked it and started afresh. This is the beginning of the sleeve. I’m doing this pattern for the bottom of the sleeves and body. It’s not as lacy as I’d first imagined but I’m liking it.
Having decided to start over next came the decision of which pattern to use for the ‘lace’. I have been flipping back to these pages for the past couple of days and decided on “Victory” as it seemed quite straight forward.
Straight forward it was and quite effective too. I’m sure it would look much better in a lighter yarn, but I’m sticking with the plan now.
I’ve been taking every opportunity to sit myself down, have a knit and a scribble. Now I’ve finished the lacy part it’s time to calculate the increases and decreases that come with making a sleeve. I think my calculations are correct but only time will tell.
Typical of a wintry evening the children are all running wild waiting for dinner time. It’s funny how you don’t notice it so much in the summer when the running wild occurs outdoors. However, there’s a delicious smell of sausage casserole coming from the kitchen, one child is bathed, hair washed and in her pajamas and now they’re playing three man Duck Duck Goose which they change to silly things like “Toilet, Toilet, Flush”. So I will give them a little more attention now before the game turns into something much less family friendly.