About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Decision Made

DSCF0037

Yesterday I was in a dilemma about what to do with the cardigan I’d started as I was itching to make something semi designed by myself. Today I decided that six rows hardly constituted “starting” so I unpicked it and started afresh. This is the beginning of the sleeve. I’m doing this pattern for the bottom of the sleeves and body. It’s not as lacy as I’d first imagined but I’m liking it.

DSCF0038

Having decided to start over next came the decision of which pattern to use for the ‘lace’. I have been flipping back to these pages for the past couple of days and decided on “Victory” as it seemed quite straight forward.

Straight forward it was and quite effective too. I’m sure it would look much better in a lighter yarn, but I’m sticking with the plan now.

DSCF0035

I’ve been taking every opportunity to sit myself down, have a knit and a scribble. Now I’ve finished the lacy part it’s time to calculate the increases and decreases that come with making a sleeve. I think my calculations are correct but only time will tell.

Typical of a wintry evening the children are all running wild waiting for dinner time. It’s funny how you don’t notice it so much in the summer when the running wild occurs outdoors. However, there’s a delicious smell of sausage casserole coming from the kitchen, one child is bathed, hair washed and in her pajamas and now they’re playing three man Duck Duck Goose which they change to silly things like “Toilet, Toilet, Flush”. So I will give them a little more attention now before the game turns into something much less family friendly.

3 comments:

  1. That looks a lovely pattern you are making, I can't wait to see how it turns out. This evening in jafaland, it got chilly about 4pm when the sun dipped over the Waitakeres. My lot sat around watching tv and playing games on the laptop while I made dinner, I've just washed the dishes and they are "draining" awaiting attention from the minors....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm looking forward to those days when they will sort dishes and sit quietly amusing themselves. Of course, then I'll be wondering about the days of full on activity I suppose. Keep warm up there tonight.

      Delete
  2. That looks great! Good on you trying this! I'm not so brave, it involves math..***shudder*** Oh sure I'll whip up something in crochet with no pattern, but I never write them down because I'd have to figure out the stitches...

    Great job!

    Toilet, Toilet, Flush! HYSTERICAL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete