About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I have such romantic notions about farming

Calves

Until I’m actually on a farm and then the reality of it hits me like a bad smell . . . actually it’s the bad smell that hits me.

We went on a farm visit with some of the kindy kids yesterday. Such a shame that it’s been pouring with rain for weeks and there was copious amounts of mud and some other stuff that looked like mud but smelled like something completely different.

Janae

Thankfully the girls all had a great time. Janae wasn’t so game to hop the gate and get up close and personal with the calves, but the fact that they kept sucking on someone’s fingers, coat, gumboots etc tickled her fancy and she was all giggles the whole time.

Some of the other girls were much more excited about smells, mud and baby animals and wee Poppy ended up looking very much like a doe eyed calf covered in mud by the end of our time there.

Bulldozer

They even had fun climbing on the bulldozer. I needed a machine just like this to get my car out of the mud (there’s always one). I’m not sure the farmer believed I grew up on a farm when I turned up in inappropriate shoes claiming I don’t own gumboots and then proceeded to get my car stuck in the mud.

Morning_Tea

Ahhhhh, finally something I can identify with. We ended up at the house having morning tea and a chat. Now that’s much more like it.

Janae

And even though it’s terribly busy around here at the moment, I did find time to make this laundry bag for Janae. It’s a vast improvement on the one I made for Rogan and I’m thinking this might be another great birthday gift for friends children and it can only get better. This week I’m off to spotlight again to get the mermaid fabric to make Janae a mermaid tail skirt. I’ve found the perfect material but it’s not pink which does cause me some concern that she won’t wear it. Oh well, I’ll donate it to kindy if she won’t have it. Hopefully next week I’ll have a completed scarf to show you. I hope so as I’m itching to get back to some crochet and want to make myself a blanket. Let’s hope that’ll be next week’s project.

2 comments:

  1. Now you know why we built on the back of the farm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No farm living for me, although I enjoy reading about farm life....can't wait to see the scarf...

    ReplyDelete