About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Indoors Out

IMG_20120811_150000

The past few days have been nothing but glorious around here. That, coupled with the knowledge that Spring is just around the corner, has brightened everyones outlook.

So this afternoon we were indoors playing our fishing game on my phone when I decided it was a bit ridiculous and we needed to be outdoors. Well, now we’re home again I realise the sunshine we could see through the window was totally misleading. It was freezing. But we had some fun.

IMG_20120811_150304

We headed down to the park. The children quickly raced off to their favourite spots and began to warm up the active way.

IMG_20120811_150026

I parked myself on my favourite bench and tried to knit. It’s so windy out there I thought my scarf and I might take off.

IMG_20120811_150013

It wasn’t long before the children kicked off their shoes and went exploring on the beach. They did attempt a paddle but it was a bit cool even for them.

So, after about forty minutes we treated ourselves to a wee handful of sweets and headed home. Now we’re settling down to one of the Narnia films. I’ll fling some popcorn in the microwave and relax before making dinner. I’m learning to quite love the weekends.

1 comment: