About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Keeping it clean

I know it’s winter, I know we’ve had an unusual amount of rain lately, and I know kids will be kids. However, one of my biggest bug bears is laundry. There’s always mountains of it and most of it is strewn across various bedroom floors. I seem to remember this was a sticking point between my mother and myself when I was young, which may be why she bought me this . . .

IMG_20120806_111644

I have found this to be the handiest piece of equipment throughout my life. It has travelled the world with me and about two years ago I gave it to Kayley in the hopes that it would help her keep her laundry in check. Unfortunately it’s not really working. Because there are so many clothes on her floor (some worn and some not) they all get thrown in here and dumped out by the washing machine.

However, never one to let failure get the better of me, I’ve spent the morning taking a pattern off this and I’ve made one for Rogan. Picture a little six year old whipping off his undies of an evening waving them above his head in the style of Chip ‘n Dales male review and letting them fly to free across his bedroom. That’s Rogan. So we have a deal, I have made him this . . .

IMG_20120806_111705

so that what ever is in it will get washed. If the clothing isn’t in this bag it won’t get washed. This should mean that when Rogan discovers he’s got no clean underwear, because it’s all hanging from a light shade somewhere, he’ll not be able to blame me. Tomorrow I intend to make one for Janae. She’s pretty good with her laundry so far, but I thought I’d get in early before the bad habits start.

And on a brighter note, we had a visit from Louis this weekend . . .

IMG_20120805_105122

The little ones may have ended up muddy and wet, but they sure had a great time doing it!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love that it isn't stiff but can be easily taken off the hanger and brought to the washing machine. Fun and cute pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky, I'm trying to figure out a way I can post the pattern, but it's alluding me right now.

      Delete