About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Oh Fickle Mind

Blanket_01

I know I’d started some little blue and white squares in the week, but I’d forgotten how little fiddly crochet just isn’t my scene so I stopped by Spotlight on Thursday and came home with some new colours and embarked on a blanket. The plan is that I will keep this for myself, but I can’t promise that’ll be the case.

I’m thoroughly enjoying making it and the first row is almost complete . . . only about eleven more to go and then borders. I’m writing out the pattern for Nicola, our swimming coach so once its done I’ll post it for you.

We also have a new member of the family . . . like we needed one.

Lamb

Meet Fluffy. Now, I don’t normally name livestock as it makes it much harder to put on a plate but poor Fluffy had a rough start two days ago. He is his mum’s first baby and she just doesn’t have enough milk for him so we’re helping her out. I was astounded as we all went out in pyjamas this morning to give him his breakfast. My children cannot agree on anything but this morning they all had a hold of the bottle and then handed it on to a sibling without any encouragement from me. I could get used to that.

Of course Sam, the cat, got a little jealous, flew up the nearest tree then called out that he was stuck. Being a complete sop I stood at the bottom of the tree calling his name and encouraging him with every lower branch he found. I’m sure the neighbours think I’m odd. Good thing they didn’t see me sneak out in the pouring rain and thunderstorm to take the lamb an old towel to snuggle into.

Now I’m sitting in a completely silent house as I’ve been rescued for the morning. I have a streaming head cold, sunken dark eyes, a nose that won’t stop dribbling and freezing feet. Needless to say, I’m off to bed for a bit. We’re all having a sleep over at my folks tonight for fish and chip dinner and a rugby match. I’m not sure how much of the match I’ll be up for but at least I’ll get a sleep in tomorrow. I’ll be back soon with the square pattern!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are not feeling well....and Fluffy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you . . . was feeling okay until the "naughty" hour of four o'clock arrived and now I have rampant children. Quick, get dinner, get baths, get to bed!

      Delete