About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tea Total . . . Total Tea

Tea
Tea is not something I’ve really thought too much about with regards to flavour and quality. It’s something I enjoy while knitting or crochet; it’s definitely something I enjoy with friends; it’s something that I enjoy when I’m a bit cold and need warming up. However, since giving up smoking tea has become a bit of a life saver as, when the urge arises, I make a cup, head outdoors (rain or shine) as I would with a ciggy and quietly sip.
I’ve always felt a little like a superior tea drinker as I prefer Earl Grey to Bog-Standard-Builders-Brew or Great-Gumboot-Tea. And lately, I’ve been feeling even more superior as I’ve graduated to Lady Grey and most of my friends drink it also.
Well, now weight loss has become a part of the quest for a “better me” my usual Thursday morning Hot Chocolate and Sausage Roll with my Mum has had to change. Our supermarket has a lovely little cafe and we ALWAYS stop there before embarking on grocery shopping. I believe that five dollars spent in there is a saving of about forty dollars in the supermarket. Anyway, last week I decided that I was using up too many points on my hot chocolate (I hadn’t discovered just how many thousand a sausage roll used up at that stage) and I ordered a cup of Bergamot Breeze (I think it’s called) of this brand . . .
Gisborne_Dawn_Assam_rev
It is absolutely, mind blowingly good tea. It’s even got little purple flowers in it. The scent alone is enough to make me swoon. And the cup they serve it in . . . finally tea drinkers are as ‘hip’ as coffee consumers now, possibly more so. I was instantly in love and had to know where I could purchase such a brew.
Now I had hoped to be able to send you off to a website where you could check out all their wonderful things, unfortunately this is the best I can do. But, in my search for their website, I found this little gem. The teas here look absolutely amazing and I think, before the evening is out I may have ordered a range of tasters so I can figure out which ones I want to invest in. And the best thing is that they’re Fair Trade too. I’ll let you know how I get on and if it’s worth trying them out. Think I’ll pop off for a pot of Lady Grey now before I settle down to the scarf and the Block.

5 comments:

  1. We will need to have a cup of tea soon. Love Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a tea drinker, I've never liked coffee.....and congratulations on quitting, besides the weight loss (which I also need to do) its the best thing you can do for yourself and your kids....Wish I could come and join you for a cup of tea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it woukd be awesome if you could pop by for a cuppa. Hopefully one day

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete