About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Welcome Back Dear Friend

I’ve been to a champagne breakfast this morning to welcome home Janet. She’s been nursing in Esperance for the past three months and her husband organised some of her girlfriends to come over and be there when she got home. Lots of giggles and yummy food. It’s nice to have her home again.

But I’m also welcoming back another dear friend . . .

IMG_20120820_094923

This is the first crochet I’ve done in months. The children have been down with colds and Granddad wanted to take the two little ones fishing while we went to netball. One would think my children would be inundated with hats, having a mother like me. The sad truth is they’ve grown out of the ones I made them. So I got out the yarn and hook and whipped up this little number for Rogan. As with anything I make him, he wore it solid for a whole day.

IMG_20120820_094954

I’m also working on these. I was a bit naughty and left my scarf at my Mum’s last night so I wouldn’t feel guilty making these for a bit. Remember I’d made a commitment to crochet some blankets for babies? I’ve felt bad that I haven’t been able to crochet and get them done. So I’ve made a start. I’ve also realised they don’t need to be the size of a single bed so I’m determined to get this done before too long. I’ve picked my colours and these are the first ones. I’m trying to make something that a will do a boy or a girl. We’ll see how that goes.

Now I’d better knuckle down to some work since I’ve been out enjoying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment