About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A day out

DSCF0156

We took the children out of school today so they could go and congratulate their cousin in person. It was glorious and the sun was smiling on NZ to welcome home her Champions.

DSCF0157

We had a long wait but found ways to fill it in. And finally the plane taxied past the window and we shot downstairs.

DSCF0161

Another long wait which my Dad filled by chatting up a One News reporter (young and pretty . . . he couldn’t help himself). And finally they came out. I was surprised at how emotional it all was. When we hugged our champion we all had a tear in the eye. Mary, however, took it all in her stride.

DSCF0163

Once all the media interviews were over we got to spend a few minutes with Mary. The children got to hold the gold medal (it’s really heavy) and touch it. I was happy to see there was braille on it and Mary read it to the children.

DSCF0164

Kayley was astounded that Mary could sign her autograph. I think she’s forgotten the hours they spent together painting the last time Mary visited.

Now I’ve got to go as we’re glued to the news. Apparently Janae features too. How exciting.

1 comment: